Who we are?
South Eastern Tennis Limited (SE Tennis) (the “Venue”) – a tennis academy.
Postal address: 7 Haywain Close, Maidstone, Kent ME14 5UX.
Venue: Tennis courts 1 – 4 Penenden Heath Recreational Ground, off Penenden Heath Road, Maidstone, Kent
About this policy
“Personal data” is any information about a living individual which allows them to be identified from that data for example, a name, photographs, videos, email address, telephone number, or address. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information. The processing of personal data is governed by the Data Protection Act 2017, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) and other legislation relating to personal data and rights such as the Human Rights Act 1998.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the Controller is South Eastern Tennis Limited (SE Tennis).
“We”, “our”, or “us” refer to SE Tennis. “You” and “you’re” refers to anyone who uses our services in any circumstances. “Service[s]” refers to: Group and Private coaching, holiday camps, birthday parties, tournaments, match play and both curriculum and school club tennis and after-school clubs and court hire. This is a non-exhaustive list and services may be added or removed without notice.
How we collect personal data
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you, when you fill in our booking forms, for example, coaching lessons, holiday camps, school clubs or any other online or paper-based forms;
- When you make enquiries / comments on our website;
- When you enquire by phone, text or email, or when you provide information in other ways for example, where you enter a competition, sign up for holiday camps or book a court;
- From someone else who has contacted us on your behalf for example; a family member or your tennis coach who has provided us with your contact details for that purpose;
- From the Lawn Tennis Association, for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about your venue;
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you);
- Financial information, including Direct Debit details;
- Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of our services, for example, when making court bookings or making use of other Venue facilities;
We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you (or your child) when you attend coaching sessions, courses/camps or one of our social events.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of coaching lessons and other services provided by SE Tennis, including: junior squad renewals, camp bookings, responding to enquiries and court/ facilities opening hours;
- Communicate with customers, details of the services booked and/or enquired about, including: one to one coaching, adult and junior group sessions, team training, community tennis events, holiday camps for children and adult training camps and school tennis clubs;
- To contact adults on behalf of their children, regarding coaching activities and other services;
- To advise customers of activities and other services taking place at the Venue which are run by third parties;
- Storing your details on the platform we use for our online database / court booking system;
- Promoting SE Tennis and promoting goods and services of third parties for example, equipment suppliers, operators of coaching and other courses, and organisers of tennis events, where we think this will be of interest to you;
- Where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of a third party) and/or where we have your consent, as applicable;
- To send customers occasional questionnaires relating to SE Tennis and its services;
- To display information on the SE Tennis website, or on software operated by SE Tennis, of team, tournament, or league results, or events in which customers may have been involved;
- To post information or photographs regarding events in which you may have been involved on the website, Twitter or Facebook or Instagram;
- To advise the appropriate sporting bodies of team members’ names for the purpose of inter-club and league matches;
- To provide details of teams and team captains on the website;
- To carry out comprehensive safeguarding procedures in accordance with best safeguarding practice from time to time with the aim of ensuring that all children and adults at risk’ are provided with safe environments;
- Research and statistical analysis about who is playing tennis at SE Tennis;
- Where this is necessary for our legitimate interests for example, in increasing use of our Venue’s facilities and participation in the game generally;
- To collate information to enable SE Tennis to administer the Venue and the website and other software used by SE Tennis;
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection;
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this website may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a customer using our services Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or Direct Debit confirmations (as applicable).
- Customer related mailings, such as your bookings of our services and coaching renewal reminders, information about venue closures and holiday opening hours.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 07809 829 539
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- Our employees and volunteers, for the purposes of administering the services you have booked or enquired about, and giving you access to the benefits to which you are entitled.
- Our contractors and suppliers, including coaches, any provider of customer management services.
Visitor comments on our website may be checked through an automated spam detection service;
How long your information is kept
We will keep your information for as long as is necessary for us to fulfil the purposes that we describe in this policy. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements of SE Tennis. For most customer data, this means we retain it for so long as you are a valid customer and for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
- Contact: Martin Brown
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone: 07809 829 539
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.